Our Chapters, and the volunteers who lead them, are the backbone of the PKD community. Whether you become a Chapter leader or simply attend a local event or meeting, don’t wait any longer…get involved today!
What is a Chapter
Chapters are groups of volunteers – PKD patients, family members and friends just like you – who want to learn, connect and take action with other committed individuals. In fact, Chapters have been forming to fight polycystic kidney disease since the 1980s, funding research, telling others about the disease and providing one another with help and hope– a true sense of community.
We are a proud member of PKD International, a global alliance of patient organizations dedicated to a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD). We are leading the fight against PKD for the millions worldwide by uniting patients and medical professionals committed to ending PKD, providing opportunities to learn the latest on PKD, and supporting the most promising research and clinical trials.
About our Chapters
Each Chapter is unique and our volunteers work to provide meaningful opportunities for the local community to gather together in support of each other. Chapter volunteers in cities across the United States hold events to raise awareness of PKD and money for the PKD Foundation’s programs and services, as well as offer education and support. Our volunteers want to hear from you!
Chapter activities focus on five key areas:
1. Education: Educate patients and family members about PKD by planning educational meetings or seminars. Promote educational opportunities offered by the Foundation in the local community.
2. Fundraising: Identify individuals, corporations and foundations interested in financially supporting the Foundation.
3. Support: Provide opportunities for PKD patients and their families to connect and support each other.
4. Awareness: Build awareness of PKD and the PKD Foundation to the patient population in your community.
5. Advocacy: Chapters can engage in advocacy efforts by educating Chapter members on our legislative priorities and by encouraging the local PKD community to support the PKD Foundation’s advocacy efforts.